Wednesday, April 29, 2009

New Yard Meme

I love this tree. It's a Tulip Poplar. I was looking at it a couple days ago and thinking how much I enjoy it. Every season it does something wonderful and I love to watch the changes throughout the year. So I decided to share ir with you my bloggy friends.

Here it is in spring just as the leaves begin to open.

This branch is just over our deck and you can see the leaves peeking out.

A close-up of the branch end.

My plan is to re-take these pictures each month throughout the next year. Just to share with y'all the changes of my favorite plant in my yard.

I'd love to see your favorite tree, flower, plant, whatever, in your yard. If you like, grab the idea and let me know you posted.

5 comments:

CM said...

I look forward to the Tulip Poplar updates!

I think I gained 5 pounds .... do I win anything? ; )
(the absolutely delicious Seafood Alfredo that I am eating right now from our cafeteria isn’t' helping .... and it's not the low fat kind.) ; )

CM said...

PS - but I did get fresh broccoli with it. : )

Weezee said...

CM, yummmmmm! don't worry the broccoli makes all the difference!!!!

6labsgirl said...

Hey Girl! Love the new look on your blog...guess I haven't visited lately. You are getting 'way too good'...so now perhaps I need to take the yard photo too! By the way, those tulip poplars were mostly all we had in our yard in PA years ago and we 'hated' them...so messy and shallow rooted...funny how one person's 'yum' is another person's 'yuk'! ha..

Unknown said...

This is a really clever idea. I look forward to watching the tree do its thing!