Wednesday, June 11, 2008

We're expecting!

Yes, it's true we are getting a new baby. We are very excited and just look how beautiful she is.


Yup another Australian Cattle dog and a red to boot. She is 8 weeks old and I pick her up next week. My sister Dlyn, photographer extraordinaire will make the trip with me so it will be well documented. Our current youngest dog Beta came from this same breeder so will go along to visit with Grammy and Gramps and meet her new little sister.

What a face!

I have not named her yet but we are kicking around a few names. My favorite so far is Wooleston Smokin' Sweet Paprika and we would call her Rika. We thought about Bandito but discovered it is a very common name. If you have a good idea give us a suggestion. It must start with her kennel name, Wooleston and I expect her to be high drive and fast so put your thinking caps on.

One last photo. This little one is to be my new obedience/agility/herding competition dog but after seeing her conformation I might also take my first plunge into the breed conformation ring.
Look out Westminster!

What do you think!? I can't wait to get my hands on her.



9 comments:

Ellyn said...

She is beautiful. I can't wait to meet. And we get to be the first ones to meet her too. YEAH!!

dlyn said...

I get to hold her on the way home. Don't tell Riley.

dlyn said...

And since you are soliciting name ideas, I think you should name her after me. Did I not name one of my children after you? It is only fair. But I will take cash instead if you want to buy your way out of this.

Anonymous said...

I am so proud! I love the name. I am sad, though that I won't get to see her for another year. She is so sweet-looking. I just love her already! Drive carefully, Mom

Weezee said...

well that is true you did name one of your kids after me. But gosh this really does open up possiblities.
Hmm Wooleston's PITA Marie. How's that?

Sorry I really tried to take the high road but......

Anonymous said...

Wooleston Mark! (as in "On your MARK, get set, go!) ... is that what you say when they start the agility race? ; ) Oh well ... it's a girl ... (our kids have a girl in their high school named Markie). .... enough of that. Congratulations! I look forward to seeing lots of pictures and stories about her.

SkySimm said...

She's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

very cute pics...! can't wait to see her live and in person!! fyi ..you are only allowed 30 characters including spaces..i think you are over.. how about droping the smokin' part and just have sweet paprika?
or cookin' with paprika i think that is exactly 30.. or wooleston's spicey paprika, or pinch of paprika.. i could keep going, but i need to run some errands!!! clee

Weezee said...

Thanks for all compliments and name suggestions. Since meeting her I have decided the name does not fit and I still have not come up with one. Let me know if you have any more suggestions.